Shop urban + pearl + studio

Monday, August 12, 2013

Urban Weddings : Real Brides, Real Stories - Kelsey and Chris


I always say I have the best job in the world creating handcrafted artisan wedding jewelry and one major perk is getting to know amazing women that are about to engage in the journey of a lifetime, aka:brides to be. My online shop, Urban Pearl Studio, is a playground for all things pearls and brides come to me to help fill their wish list for bridesmaids, mothers, flower girls and themselves. I want to introduce you to some of the beauties I have met :

This week, it's Kelsey and her fiance, Chris.



This couple was the first I have actually gotten to meet as they reside in the Dallas area. We met at a Starbucks and I delivered Kelsey's 10, yes 10, bridesmaid's/attendant's necklaces. Kelsey and Chris were as cute in person as they are in this adorable photo!

Where did you meet? : We met in college at the University of Kansas. I was a Kappa Kappa Gamma and he was a Phi Delta Theta...his fraternity house was 2 doors down from my sorority! We actually shared several mutual friends but didn't meet until our sophomore year. We were basically dating immediately after meeting and have been together ever since!



Where will your wedding be held? : I chose KC because I have a huge family and KC is definitely home. Chris proposed on the plaza in KC over Christmas time, my favorite time of year.

What will be your wedding / reception theme? : The event is very classic themed. All black bridesmaid dresses, pearls, white bouquets  The wedding is at a Catholic church and the reception is at a big, old theater downtown. there are 550 people on the guest list so its basically just a huge, classic Catholic wedding! 

What will your bridesmaids be wearing? : I have 8 bridesmaids..they are great! Their dresses are black, peplum style and their bouquets are white hydrangeas. Half of the girls are sorority sisters, and then Chris' sister and my cousin and a few highschool friends. 

Where will you honeymoon? : We are going to Cancun, Mexico and staying at an all inclusive resort called Excellence Playa Mujeres. We leave the Monday morning after the wedding. Can't wait!!

Kelsey chose for her bridesmaid's jewelry, an elegant simple strand of freshwater pearls that will go with the gorgeous selection of black bridesmaid's dresses. Classic, forever styling.



 Thank you, Kelsey and Chris, for allowing me to introduce you! Best of luck, enjoy the best day of your lives. We would love to post some wedding photos of your big day!


4 comments:

  1. Best Wishes to Kelsey and Chris for a great wedding and happy ever after! You made a great choice picking Urban Pearl Studio to make your wedding jewelry~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and engaging story, pun intended! I love Lynn's work and perfect taste. Congratulations to Kelsey and Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely story, Congrats and the best of luck!! you will will be wearing beautiful jewelry on your special day.!!!!

    ReplyDelete